Founded in 1898, Meccano - known as Erector in the US - has been building popular model construction kits for decades.
Keeping up with the latest trends in the toy market, Meccano decided in 2006 to launch Spykee, an innovative toy with advanced wireless communication capabilities.
In order to develop the communicating components of its robot, Meccano had to choose a trustworthy partner able to bring a wireless communication expertise in the project.
After carefull consideration, Meccano chose to team up with WaveStorm Professional Services.
WaveStorm Professional Services allow client companies to benefit from WaveStorm's experience to design custom hardware and software wireless communication solutions.
WaveStorm involvement in Meccano's project went from the product's specifications definition to its mass production phases, including hardware design, embedded software development, prototyping, and global sourcing.
Spykee will hit the stores for Christmas 2008 and will be available in all major toys retailers' stores.
* Spy robot - Spykee moves, watches, speaks and listens.
* Other play functions include snapshot, sound and video recording, light, voice and sound effects and video filters.
* Digital Music Player - listen to your own music over Wi-Fi with Spykee.
* VOIP phone - Use your Spykee as a wireless VOIP phone (compatible with Skype 3.0 PC technology).
* Video Surveillance - When a movement is detected, Spykee activates an alarm on your computer or sends you a picture by email. Motion sensors activate automatically when something happens.
* Returns to recharging station automatically when battery is low.
* Control on local Wi-Fi connection or remotely on internet